Right before the weekend hit, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition and HTC One Google Play edition both received their respective updates to Android 4.3. We know that many of our readers are rooted, and currently running various custom ROMs on their device. For those that don’t have time to scour XDA forums over the weekend, we thought we’d bring it to your attention that there are now a plethora of Google Play edition ROMs for the HTC One (GSM), just waiting to be flashed. Here’s a few we found.
- ANDROID 4.3 | 3.06.1700.10 – Stock HTC Google Play Edition v1.1 (no root or kernel tweaks, but root can be flashed separately)
- Stock Android 4.3 Google Play Edition – Rooted/Busybox/Odexed (8/5/13) (comes with root and busybox preinstalled with the option of flashing faux123’s Google Edition kernel for HTC logo menu button and other tweaks)
- Android Revolution HD 3.0 Google Edition | Quality & Performance | Android 4.3 (this ROM features the stock kernel, but adds a few tweaks like full GPU rendering, RAM optimizations, and is de-odexed)
We know everyone has their favorite ROM, and others like TrickDroid and MoDaCo’s Switch.ROM should see an update to Android 4.3 in the very near future, so keep a look out (we’ll update this post once they’re live).
Also, keep in mind that none of these ROMs will convert your HTC One into a full Google Play edition device with updates directly from Google. Of course, there is a method for full Google Play edition conversion, you just need to be handy with the ADB. Cheers.
- VZW HTC One M7 gets Lollipop
- AT&T HTC One (M7) receives Android Lollipop
- Android 5.1 coming in March?
- HTC One (M7) gets Android 5.0 Lollipop update
TAGS: HTC One , HTC One Google Play Edition