The Google Glass Explorers is about to get a little more crowded. After opening up invites initially to Google I/O attendees, Google later ran the #ifihadglass campaign that allowed regular Joe-Schmoe’s the chance at “winning” their own pair. Now, Google is allowing select Google Glass Explorers the opportunity to invite a friend in a move that feels a bit like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
As usual, there are a few requirements, first off the person invited must be a US resident, be 18 years of age or older, and have a way to pick up Glass in either Google’s San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York locations. Oh yeah, and one more thing…. the person will need to have $1,500 of expendable income and be prepared to live a life of Glass-induced celibacy.
Yeah, you’re probably going to want to wait for the consumer version to launch next year before joining up with the Glasshole crew.
- Google Glass XE21.0 update rolling out, here's what's new
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.