Whether it’s a mistake, officially sanctioned by Google, or Best Buy’s just going with a “YOLO” attitude on this one, the company has put up a device for pre-order ahead of its official announcement. That’s right — you can now pre-order the new Nexus 7 in either 16GB or 32GB flavor for $230 and $270, respectively.
With that, we finally get our first official look at the device’s specs. It’s not like we haven’t had a clue what to expect well ahead of time, but it’s nice to get some confirmation. In case you don’t remember, the Nexus 7 will have the following:
- 7-inch 1920 x 1200 display
- 2GB DDR3LM RAM
- 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064
- 5.0MP camera on the rear
- 1.2MP camera on the front
- WiFi N
- Bluetooth 4.0
- microUSB 2.0 port
The device also comes with Android 4.3 out of the box, something we expect to learn more about later today when Google holds its event in the San Francisco Bay Area. We’ll have a foot soldier on the ground to cover the event live, so once we get our hands on it we’ll be sure to deliver our first impressions and hands-on right to you.
Of course, Google’s event — which kicks off at 9am pacific — is being streamed live, so be sure to take your break and set your alarms to get a first-hand account of what’s being announced for yourself. Are you going to pre-order it before we see how this thing performs in motion?
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Nexus 7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Best Buy, Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2013