- Exclusive to Rogers in Canada with two (black and white) variants, launching in August.
- Launch Google Now with your voice, without a single touch, in a manner similar to Google Glass. The trigger command is “OK Google Now”.
- No notification light, with alerts appearing on the lockscreen under the time widget.
- Launch the camera by twisting your wrist twice.
- Take a photo by touching anywhere on the screen, or long-hold to take multiple photos.
- Nothing mentioned regarding the customization capabilities
Update 1: I came across another video on Vimeo, and it looks like you can personalize the trigger command for the voice actions. In this video, the command used was “OK Moto Magic”, which makes me guess you can give your device any name you want.
Update 2: Fortunately, someone uploaded the video to YouTube, here’s the embedded version.
- Moto X (2013) begins soak testing for Android
- Moto X 2013 getting Lollipop in a few weeks
- Android 5.1 release notes for Moto X 1st & 2nd Gen, Moto E 2nd Gen
- Motorola phones going straight to 5.1
TAGS: Motorola Moto X