If you’re currently rocking a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 and running a little low on internal storage, good news. Looks like Sprint is first out of the gate with the MF9 update, currently rolling out to S4 users over their network. Weighing in at 375MB, the over-the-air update adds the ability for Sprint S4 to make use of the SD to store applications, keeping the cramped 16GB of internal memory free for media, or other things.
- From 7/8/13 – 7/21/13, software update JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9 pushes to all existing Galaxy S 4 customers.
- Customers must wait for the Google Over The Air (GOTA) servers push the software update to their phone for installation.
- Voice – HD Voice enhancements.
- Audio – Audio clipping when using headphones at higher levels has been addressed.
- Application Storage – Enables market application installation onto the SD card.
- Wallpaper modifications – One wallpaper was removed and 2 new wallpapers were added..
- Messaging Known Issue – Unfortunately Messaging has Stopped error has been resolved.
What you need to do:
- To help customer update their software, refer to: From CST Search tab > Select Maker drop-down menu – Samsung > Select Device drop-down menu -Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SPH-L720)
- Under Device Specific Software Update to JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9 – Samsung Galaxy S 4
There’s a good chance your Galaxy S4 has already prompted you for the update, but if it hasn’t you still have your options. Either “pull” the update by manually checking for a software update in your device’s settings application, or manually download straight from Google’s servers via the direct link above. As so often is the case, rooted users will wanna stay away from this and wait for their favorite devs to root and cook it up into a flashable ROM.
- Spark enabled and regular Galaxy S4 now recei
- Verizon begins Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout f
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 is now receiving Androi
- Samsung Galaxy S line evolution in GIF form
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4