AT&T has announced that the Jelly Bean update for its Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is now available for the public to download. The upgrade won’t completely overhaul your experience, but it will bring the goodies Google introduced such as the ability to expand and act on notifications right from within the notification pane. Other changes will include easier home-screen manipulation, improved keyboard and word suggestion speeds, and more.
Unfortunately the upgrade is not going out over the air, so if you want to grab it you’ll need access to a PC. If that’s not a problem then visit this link to find a download to Samsung Kies, as well as full instructions for updating. Don’t forget to charge your tablet to at least 50% before starting, and make sure to backup any important files or settings that you can, just in case things go wrong throughout the upgrade process.
- T-Mobile’s Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 receiving
- Sprint Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gets Jelly Bean 4.1.
- Android 4.1 available for Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Apple wants to add six more significant Samsu
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.