Verizon has refreshed its rugged hero, the Casio G’zOne Commando, with some 4G LTE radios, some fresh good looks, and updated internals. It isn’t a huge departure from the original, but its 1.5Ghz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4-inch WVGA display, an 8 megapixel camera on the rear with a 1.3 megapixel camera on the front, 16GB of internal storage and more do enough to make this feel like a solid sequel.
It’s actually quite nice for a rugged phone, a class of devices which are typically treated like ugly ducklings when it comes to specs. The device is launching this Thursday, June 27th for $99, but that price will only come after a $50 mail-in rebate and the obligatory two-year contract extension. Any of you outdoorsy types looking forward to adding this gadget to your bag?
- Verizon intros Push to Talk Plus
- Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED light
- 1TB of free Drive storage for new Chromebooks
- AT&T returns Nexus 6 stock over software bug
- Check out the Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.