Sony Mobile may have Jelly Bean on brain, after updating both the Sony Xperia Z (international version), and the AT&T Sony Xperia Ion to the buttery firmware. Of course as we all know, not all Jelly Beans are created equal and the Xperia Z is the only device to receive the most up-to-date version of Google’s latest firmware, leaving the Ion with last year’s beans.
Multiple Xperia Z’s are now receiving Android 4.2.2, with the Xperia Blog confirming the update hitting multiple Z’s in Europe. Exactly how long it will take for the update to hit the T-Mobile Xperia Z when it finally arrives in the coming weeks is anyone’s guess. Shouldn’t be too long with the update already making the rounds overseas. This also puts the heat on HTC, who might be experiencing delays with their 4.2.2 update.
For something a little closer to home, Xperia Blog is also reporting that the AT&T Sony Xperia Ion is now (finally) receiving Jelly Bean, albeit the older Android 4.1.2 firmware. Still great for those that bought the device, Android 4.1.2 is a nice update from ICS, bringing a much more smooth user interface, and access to Google Now. Don’t forget that a few features found in updated apps like video in Instagram, require Android 4.1 and up.
- More Sony devices get KitKat
- Sony Xperia themes will get more assets
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Sony gives update on Android 4.3 and Android
- Check out the Sony Xperia Ion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Ion, Sony Xperia Z