While the world patiently awaits for the arrival of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy S3, the boys at SamMobile already got their hands on an early test build. Software version I9300XXUFME7 is the latest firmware to fall into their laps, and as promised, brings a handful of new software features currently only found on the Samsung Galaxy S4. They even supplied a handy video for those leery of flashing, but still want to see what’s inside.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
The final build is said to arrive as early as July/August internationally, at which point it will take several months before US carriers begin pushing it out. With Samsung consistently giving love to so many of their older devices, it’s no wonder the Android fans flock to their products. Say what you will about build quality, plastic, or even TouchWiz — there’s no denying Samsung’s commitment to providing Android updates.
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S3