HTC has just revealed the HTC Butterfly S, a very nice-looking follow-up to the original HTC Butterfly. It’ll sport a 5-inch display with 1080p resolution, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 chipset clocked at 1.9GHz, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage (with a microSD card slot), HTC’s UltraPixel camera, a 3,200mAh battery, HTC BoomSound with Beats, Android 4.2 with HTC Sense 5, and more.
For now, this thing is only slated to hit Taiwan in July, but we could be seeing it other places sometime soon. To be specific, we imagine this device will end up being known as the successor to Verizon’s DROID DNA here in the United States. Verizon’s DroidLanding Twitter account has “reactivated” itself as of yesterday, and that kind of timing would make a lot of sense (no pun intended).
Of course, we’re still waiting on an actual HTC One from Verizon, a device they promise is coming to us “this summer” but won’t give us a concrete date to look forward to. Get a quick look at the thing in the hype video above.
- HTC Butterfly S tipped for June release with
- You can now buy a brown leather or stainless
- OnePlus first retail store, Black Friday deals
- Twitter app to scan devices for installed apps
- Check out the HTC Butterfly S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Butterfly S