It looks like Google’s being a bit generous to those who decided to spend $1,500 to be among the first to own a pair of Google Glass. Reports are flying in from several Glass Explorers with UPS accounts that shipment notifications are popping up from “GOOGLE X.” Unfortunately the shipment information did not include the weight of the package so it’s tough to say what, exactly, this could be.
We imagine it’s some sort of care package — something to say “thanks for supporting us,” or something to that effect. Could it be a t-shirt? Fancy ink pens? A commemorative prism? A fathead of the Bugdroid wearing a pair of glass?
It could be anything, and considering we’ve had three folks on our own staff hooked up with Google Glass (read our full review here) we’ll be on the lookout to see if these packages exist. If they do, you can be sure we’ll be letting you guys in on all that was packed inside.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.