Who knew a device released only a few days ago would continue hold more surprises? Turns out the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 was hiding the necessary hardware for operating on Verizon Wireless’ upcoming 4G AWS LTE bands. Bloomberg revealed today that all it will take is a simple software update and the GS4 will be the first smartphone on Verizon’s network to take advantage of Verizon’s upcoming network upgrade.
AWS (Advance Wireless Service) LTE promises to further increase already blazing fast 4G speeds by effectively doubling downloads and uploads. Rollout is planned to start in major cities across the US over the next few months. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. What would you guys do with that kinda speed?
- Android Lollipop on Galaxy S4
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Samsung GS4 Google Play edition removed from Play Store
- Another Samsung Galaxy S4 fire
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4