After a slow start to production due to supply constraints, HTC’s North Asian president Jack Tong says production will begin to ramp up for the HTC One this month. Capacity is expected to double and then continue to grow well into June as HTC faces high demand for their flagship One handset.
Along with increased demand for the J Butterfly in Japan also mentioned by Tong it sounds like HTC might finally be clamping down on floundering profits. The company, which has reported dropping revenues for the past several quarters, has been struggling frantically to turn things around. The One has often been dubbed HTC’s last hope, and it seems HTC has reason to be hopeful again.
[via Focus Taiwan]
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One gets Android L port
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One