If you were wondering how the unboxing experience of Google Glass would be like, you won’t have to wait until Google’s consumer launch later this year. One user who has already received his Glass Explorer Edition package was quick and kind enough to upload an unboxing video to YouTube, giving the world a taste of how it will feel to unwrap this primitive piece of tech upon receiving it.
The exact packaging could change by the time it hits retail, of course. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if Google whipped up this special packaging for those who were crazy and enthusiastic enough to spend $1,500 to grab one early.
That said, this still doesn’t give us a clear idea of what it will be like to actually use Glass — I guess you can’t truly experience that until you’ve used it for yourself. Watch the unboxing video above, and let your eyes wander below for a bonus video showing a Google Glass recording of a guy unboxing a pair of Google Glass. Yea, you read that right. Just hit the play button!
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.