The HTC One isn’t available on a global basis just yet, but the phone’s source code is. HTC just posted the files along with those for last year’s Droid DNA. The One’s code offers devs and tinkerers their first opportunity to check out the behind-the-scenes workings of such new Sense elements as BlinkFeed.
The availability of the code comes with plenty of time for those awaiting the HTC One Developer Edition to get a bit of a head start on tweaking the software of the upcoming flagship (and judging by its current out of stock status, there are more than just a few waiting). That version of the phone will be available April 19th, which coincides with the One’s launch in the US on Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One gets Android L port
- HTC commits to Android L for One M8
- Check out the HTC DROID DNA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.