A couple of more Galaxy S2 variants are getting Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, folks. The lucky customers of T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile will be happy to know that Samsung’s 2011 flagship is getting upgraded to one of the most modern versions of Android there is at the moment. It’s not often a two-year old smartphone gets this kind of loving so a round of applause for Samsung is definitely in order. There are a few different routes to go depending on who you’re with and what you want to do:
Virgin Mobile customers can get the upgrade through Samsung Kies for Mac and Windows, or the Simple Update Tool which is only for Windows users. You can find more information on the tools by clicking through. As for those on T-Mobile, your only option is Kies so be sure to download it and get started at your earliest convenience.
[via Samsung, thanks Eli!]
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 get maintena
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2