Last week, we heard about a new 5.8 inch device Samsung would be bringing called the Samsung Galaxy Mega. The device will feature a very odd set of specs, apparently, as SamMobile seems to believe the following list is accurate. It’ll come with a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, a 5.8-inch qHD display, an 8 megapixel camera on the rear and a 2 megapixel camera on the front. It’s teetering the line of mid-range and high-end quite spectacularly, though such a low-resolution display doesn’t do much to help us nudge it over to the greener pastures of high-end.
As you would expect from any Samsung phone these days, it will launch with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to Android 4.2 over time) and will come with Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface. We’re not sure what to expect from the 6.3-inch variant that was leaked alongside this one last week, but we’ll have our eyes peeled for that information in the days and weeks to come.
- Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3 le
- Samsung announces Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy
- Rumor: Samsung to introduce Galaxy Mega line
- Phandroid News app goes Material Design
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8