Those anxious to get their hands on Facebook Home are probably wondering if it will work with their current device. Well, we have the official list of supported handsets, and lengthy it is not. If you have a marquee phone from Samsung or HTC you are most likely covered, but those with lower-tier devices or something from another manufacturer are out of luck (at least initially).
On April 12th, the following devices will support Facebook Home: the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, HTC One X, and HTC One X+. Home will also be available out of the box for the AT&T exclusive HTC First.
Facebook is moving to support as many handsets as possible, so if your phone didn’t make the initial batch there is still hope. As for tablets, it could be a few months before we see anything in that arena.
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- Samsung GS4 Google Play edition removed from Play Store
- Check out the HTC One X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.