Okay, well we suspected it was a joke the entire time but that didn’t stop my heart from wanting to believe. Yesterday we told you gyys about Borrowlenses.com and their listing showcasing Google Glass that would soon be available for rent via Borrowlenses, a website that rents out high-profile photo equipment. But just like everything else that either falls on, or the day before All April Fools, it was fake. A prank. A sick, sick joke. This was sent to everyone who signed up for email notifications:
Seriously Regarding Google Glass…
Know that we’re equally excited about Google Glass. Now that we know there is as much interest as has been expressed, we’ll be researching it as a rental option in the near future. If and when it becomes a reality rest assured you’ll be the first to know.
My mind was telling me no the entire time but my body…. my body was telling me yes. Borrowlenses was nice enough to offer a discount code for 25% off their services, but the damage has already been done. Whoever called it from the get-go if free to gloat in the comments. As for me, I’ll be unplugging from the internet every April 1st from now on. My heart just can’t take it.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.