For those that like to live life on the edge, it’s always good to have a backup plan. In the case of Android users, that comes in the form of an official factory image, which can be flashed to restore a phone to its original state should anything go awry. Considering the Nexus line of phones are intended as developer-friendly handsets, Google does its best to keep an up-to-date library of factory software for users. Now they have refreshed the list with the latest factory images for the Verizon and Sprint versions of the Galaxy Nexus.
The Verizon (toro) factory image is build number JDQ39, based on Android 4.2.2. For Sprint (toroplus), the build is GA02 and Android version 4.2.1. If you own either device and do any sort of root work or tinkering with phone’s code, it’s always a good idea to download the factory image and store it in a safe place. Head over to the source link below to do so.
[via Google Developers]
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- Android 4.3 for EVO 4G LTE [DOWNLOAD]
- Google TV not dead after all, Search and Voic
- Ubuntu Touch dropping support for Galaxy Nexu
- Check out the Galaxy Nexus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.