We’re at the OUYA launch event and heard a speech from founder, Julie Uhrman, just as she pressed the “publish” button on the last Kickstarter blog post. We heard from Julie directly: “Nobody knows about this,” she said, “Although the Twitter universe will soon know… we actually started shipping the OUYA yesterday.”
That’s right, folks. If you were an early backer of the OUYA, you can expect to receive your retail ready OUYA console mighty soon. The post, which can be read in full on Kickstarter, announces a June 4th retail launch.
Some interesting tidbits regarding the launch:
- 104 titles will be immediately available. And trust us when we say that a TON more games are on the way.
- OUYA will require an update on first launch but it will be ultra quick
- You’ll need a credit/debit card to download games… even free ones
- OUYA supports up to 4 controllers and although you can buy more, it’ll work with Xbox/PS3 controllers among others (some developers we’ve talked to have hacked support for up to 7 remotes).
We’re currently here at the party – see Chris and I getting ready to party in the pic above – and we’re ready to rock out with the OUYA team among other Android gaming enthusiasts.
Hit up OUYAboards.com to follow all of the latest OUYA action!
- Waze comes pre-installed
- Google+ being split up
- YotaPhone 2 launches this Spring
- Lenovo Pocket Projector
- Check out the OUYA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.