Several Sony Xperia Z owners are reporting device failures resulting in a bricked phone. The problem sounds to be completely random with no trigger identified. While attempting a hard restart has worked for some, most that have experienced the problem have been unable to turn on their Xperia Z handsets once they go dark.
Sony has acknowledged the issue and identified the problem. They are promising a fix to be included in the Xperia Z’s next software update. Let’s hope that software update comes soon, because randomly dying devices doesn’t exactly sound like the best PR in the world. Any Z owners out there unfortunate enough to have this happen to them?
- More Sony devices get KitKat
- Sony Xperia themes will get more assets
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Sony gives update on Android 4.3 and Android
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Z