Next up on Motorola’s device upgrade train is the Motorola DROID 4, it seems, as users are reporting invites to a new soak test. Motorola didn’t share many details regarding what the upgrade would be, but considering the recent love being shown to the likes of the original DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX we might guess we’re in store for Jelly Bean.
We won’t know for sure until those invited to participate in the soak test have actually gotten the upgrade or until Verizon details the upgrade on its site. The timing of this particular thread — where Motorola employees are asking potential testers to prepare for a Jelly Bean upgrade by making sure their MEID numbers are accurate — might indicate this is the big upgrade we’ve all been waiting for.
Whatever it is, history tells us we shouldn’t be too far from seeing a widespread rollout shortly after the soak test has ensured Motorola that the upgrade won’t melt your device.
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- Android 4.3 for EVO 4G LTE [DOWNLOAD]
- Android distribution numbers show Jelly Bean
- HTC confirms EVO 4G LTE’s Android 4.3 J
- Check out the Motorola DROID 4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.