In a time where Android 4.2 is still a rarity for those who don’t own a Nexus device, ASUS has come along and, once again, put a lot of OEM to shame with swift action on the latest version of Android. The Taiwanese OEM has announced that the latest version of Jelly Bean would be rolling out to the Transformer Pad TF300 starting today. Those with the US version will be getting first dips on the new coat of paint, while the rest of the world will see OTAs begin to trickle in at some point this month.
Along with all of the goods Jelly Bean 4.2 brings, including widgets on the lock-screen and user profiles for multiple users, ASUS will also have significant updates in tow for its App Locker, its virtual keyboard, the lock-screen and setup wizards. Users can grab the upgrade over-the-air so be sure to take a quick trip to the Settings > About Tablet menu where you’ll be able to pull this one down.
In related news, ASUS has confirmed several other tablets in its lineup that will get Android 4.1 in the second quarter of this year. These tablets include the Transformer Pad Infinity, the ASUS MeMo Pad Smart 10, and the MeMO Pad. We would have loved to see the absolute latest version of Jelly Bean for these particular devices, and perhaps that is still in the cards, but for now ASUS is only promising 4.1. Regardless, we’re happy to see that a good chunk of ASUS’ users won’t be stuck in the dark age much longer.
- Watch the full ASUS Computex 2013 press confe
- ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity with retina-lik
- 7-inch ASUS MeMo Pad now available for $150
- ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity receiving Andro
- Check out the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ASUS MeMo Pad forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.