There are always a few hidden gems at these trade shows, and one has emerged to capture our eyes and interest. It’s the CAT B15 by Caterpillar, a rugged smartphone that we wouldn’t be embarrassed to carry around. The phone, made out of silver anodized aluminum, can handle almost any harsh conditions you can expect, with military-grade protection from drops, spills and water submersion, dust, extreme weather conditions and more.
The device isn’t quite cutting edge on the inside, but are these rugged beasts ever marketed to be strong on the inside? That said, the 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 chipset, 512MB of RAM, a 4-inch WVGA display (covered by Gorilla Glass, of course) and more. The device is headed to Europe next month for £299, and we’ll be scoping it out on the show floor to see if we can get our greasy, filthy palms on it. Have a quick look above.
- Caterpillar’s rugged Cat B15 smartphone
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- US Cellular gets G Pad 7, G3
- Best Moto 360 Apps and Faces
- Check out the Caterpillar CAT B15 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Caterpillar CAT B15