The folks at CloudOn have announced version 4.0 of their office editing suite. CloudOn carries the distinction of being one of the only solutions in the market to offer full Microsoft Office editing, with an Office-like editing ribbon which changes based on whatever you’re doing and whatever you need. Now available for both phones and tablets, CloudOn 4.0 will bring a nice slew of features for the low, low initial cost of free. Here’s what you can expect:
- Android Customized Ribbon: The Microsoft Office ribbon is tailored to the Android screen, so touch-based functions like selecting font size, turning on track changes or creating a table are dead simple for users across all editing options.
- CloudOn FileSpace: A FileSpace is a place to add notes and view all activity on a single file, including edits, for real-time updates on documents.
- Support for both Portrait and Landscape view: View documents in either portrait of landscape mode, for easy editing on the go
- Accessibility: Easily share files and view word, PPT or excel documents directly from your email, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive.
- Notes: Quickly and easily add notes to any Microsoft Office document on an Android. These notes can be shared and viewed by all collaborators.