Our friends at Pixowl have announced that The Sandbox, a game that utilizes pixel art graphics to let you shape a world however you want, will soon be coming to Android. This exciting game could be described as “Minecraft, but with even more pixelation,” though it has a ton of interesting elements such as the ability to build organic creatures, build structures based on downloadable blueprints and more. Pixowl suggests the possibilities are nearly limitless, with millions of different things to create and do.
Interestingly enough, the game starts off giving you the basic elements of earth, such as stone, water and soil. You can use that stuff to make mud and sand. Sand could then turn into glass, if you need it. The soil and mud could be used to grow plants and you could eventually generate life. Later on, you can discover metal, find a way to make light and do so much more.
The game has seen huge success over on iOS, generating over 2.1 million download. It’s a hit, and it’s one that we absolutely can’t wait to get on Android. Pixowl didn’t have a price to share with us, but The Sandbox was free on iOS and we don’t expect anything different for the Google Play Store.
The trailer alone should get you excited, so if you have a quick minute be sure to press the play button up above. We’re told to expect a late February release, but it doesn’t sound like Pixowl is ready to promise us anything just yet. Read on for the full game description.
Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Once you discover mud and sand, you’re on your way! Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced tools for crafting more and more complex elements. Before long, you’ll be able to access non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, allowing you to populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.
UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION
● Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
● Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create or recreate amazing masterpieces
● Compose your very own chiptunes melodies within the game
● Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, reproduce and die
AND NOW, A SLEW OF EXCITING NEW FEATURES:
● Recreate the Jurassic Period with giant dinosaurs and volcanoes! Protect your dinosaurs from extinction or recreate the BIG BANG and make them disappear!
● Utilize our new Blueprints and add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Statue of Liberty — even a Pagoda!
● TNT and C4 are now available! Wreak havoc with powerful explosions!
● Deep-sea fish and fireflies come to life before your very eyes!
● Create amazing chain reactions with several sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature!
NEW MISSIONS AND FREE MANA
● New ways to acquire FREE Mana, such as watching videos clips or many more!
● 40 new missions through four exciting campaigns — a whopping 70 game levels in all!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD
● Create your universe and then share it in The Sandbox’s Online Gallery
● Browse the gallery to see other players’ creations
● Rate other players’ worlds and add elements too
An entire universe in the palm of your hand!
- Moto 360 $180 for limited time
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A now available in US
- Samsung working to fix Galaxy S6/S6 aggressive RAM management
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge design story [VIDEO]
TAGS: Pixowl , The Sandbox