A new report further details the rumored launch event for the Samsung Galaxy S4. It has been known that the Korean company would bypass Mobile World Congress in favor of hosting their own event to unveil their next Android flagship, and previous rumors placed the event some time in March. Now SamMobile claims to have the inside track on a Samsung Unpacked showcase to take place March 15th.
The location of the event is still a mystery, though it is believed Samsung could choose to debut the phone in the US. Last year’s Galaxy S3 was introduced to the world at an event in London, but a US-based launch could apply a little extra pressure to Samsung’s biggest competitor, Apple.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumored to sport a 4.99-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p resolution and could ship with the company’s new Exynos 5 Octa processing platform. Signs point to a launch in early April in some European regions.
- Samsung Q4 2014 shows mobile sales down 64%
- Qualcomm may have confirmed rumors that the G
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4