A new report further details the rumored launch event for the Samsung Galaxy S4. It has been known that the Korean company would bypass Mobile World Congress in favor of hosting their own event to unveil their next Android flagship, and previous rumors placed the event some time in March. Now SamMobile claims to have the inside track on a Samsung Unpacked showcase to take place March 15th.
The location of the event is still a mystery, though it is believed Samsung could choose to debut the phone in the US. Last year’s Galaxy S3 was introduced to the world at an event in London, but a US-based launch could apply a little extra pressure to Samsung’s biggest competitor, Apple.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumored to sport a 4.99-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p resolution and could ship with the company’s new Exynos 5 Octa processing platform. Signs point to a launch in early April in some European regions.
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Samsung GS4 Google Play edition removed from Play Store
- Another Samsung Galaxy S4 fire
- Phone burn victim gets free HTC
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S4