The hype leading up to a February 19th HTC press event has been focused on a device known only as the M7, but like last year’s One series launch a new leak suggests the Taiwanese company could unveil multiple cornerstone devices from their 2013 lineup that day. Said to be joining the M7 are two smartphones known for now as the M4 and G2 (not that G2).
The M4 and G2 would be this year’s equivalents of the One S and One V, mid-range and entry-level devices respectively. The M4 is rumored to carry a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU with a 4.3-inch 720p display, 2GB RAM, and 13MP camera. The phone will launch with Android 4.2. The G2 will sport a 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, and a meager 3.5-inch SD display. That phone is pegged with a 5MP camera.
Will the phones be known as the HTC One X 2, One S 2, and One V 2? Or perhaps the HTC Two X, Two S, etc.? We doubt the letter/number code names stick past launch.
Speaking of release dates, a related rumors says the M7 will come to all four major US carriers following a March 8th launch in Europe. Verizon’s version, however, has been delayed and will launch after Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T’s model.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the HTC M7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC M4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.