When we caught our first glimpse of the mid-range Sony C5303 HuaShan, our biggest question was what letter Sony would tack on to the handset once it earned its Xperia badging. Turns out it will be a series of letters, as we are learning by way Indonesia’s Postel Telecom. The site houses a repository of registered mobile devices and has accurately revealed the names of Sony devices in the past.
The C530X (including the C5303 as well as the C5302 and C5306) will launch as the Sony Xperia SP. The mid-range device features a Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU and 720p display. Leaked photos reveal a device that follow the design language of the recently announce Xperia Z and Xperia ZL.
Also coming to Sony’s Xperia lineup is the C210X, a phone on the lower end of the hardware spectrum. The Postel site reveals the device’s Xperia L branding. Rumored specs include a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor and 854×480 resolution display.
Both the Xperia SP and Xperia L could make their debut at Mobile World Congress. The even takes place in Barcelona during the final week of February.
- Sony Xperia T, TX, V and SP scheduled to rece
- Sony brings AOSP Android 4.4 to Xperia L
- Sony confirms Android 4.3 updates for its lat
- Sony Xperia SP now up for pre-order
- Check out the Sony Xperia SP forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia L forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.