User Agent Profiles have surfaced for three upcoming Samsung tablets, the GT-P3200, GT-P5200, and GT-P8200. From the model designations we can surmise that these slates belong to Samsung’s Galaxy Tab line, and match a previous report referencing the codenames Santos and Roma.
The Santos codename was said to refer collectively to the 7-inch and 10-inch versions of the Galaxy Tab 3. The UAP gives the display resolution of the GT-P3200 model at 1025×600. The GT-P5200 is shown running at 1280×800.
The most intriguing of the bunch is the GT-P8200, a model linked to codename Roma. The device itself might not officially fall within the Galaxy Tab line and features a 2560×1600 display, the same as the Samsung-made Nexus 10. Mention of a 1.7GHz processor suggests we could be dealing with a rumored followup to the Google Experience tablet featuring a quad-core CPU.
We got our supposed first glimpse at a member of the GTab 3 line just this week, but official word will presumably come at Mobile World Congress. The event kicks off in Barcelona during the last week of February.
- Android 5.0.1 factory images now available
- Chainfire roots 6 Nexus devices
- Android 5.0 Lollipop rolling out
- Nexus phones out of stock
- Check out the Nexus 10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.