New reports are shedding light on Samsung’s expected Mobile World Congress lineup. The news comes from several outlets, but all is attributed to Samsung Mobile Vice President JK Shin. A report from iNews24 confirms the rumored Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for a debut at MWC while News1 reiterates that much while adding that we can expect the Galaxy S4 to be unveiled at a later date.
While the yearly global trade show makes sense for the Galaxy S4 debut, Samsung has in recent years opted to host their own event to unveil the marquee device. The Galaxy Note 8, which appeared in recent benchmark reports as the GT-N5100, seems far more likely. Samsung debuted the 10-inch Galaxy Note at last year’s show, and will look to do the same with their new line of Galaxy tablets this time around.
The Galaxy Note 8 is rumored to feature a 1280 x 800 resolution 8-inch display, 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos chipset, and support for Samsung’s S Pen. The Galaxy S4 will be used to launch Samsung’s next generation of screen technology with a Full HD AMOLED display and could debut Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa SoC. That device is expected to be announced at a separate event in the spring.
- Galaxy S5 and S4 to receive Android 4.4.3
- Verizon Galaxy S4 finally receives KitKat
- T-Mobile Galaxy S4 gets KitKat
- Ellen live tweets Oscars with Galaxy Note 3
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.