Over the weekend not only did we get a leaked peek at the upcoming HTC M7 flagship, but we also got an early glimpse at Sense 5. Now the new version of HTC’s custom interface has found itself on Verizon’s Droid DNA. The image surfaced at LeakROMS, and likely only represents a port of the M7’s software, not an early build of a future update for the 5-inch handset.
It’s a long shot to think we might see Sense 5 on any phone before the launch of the M7. HTC will take the launch of that phone as an opportunity to show off the new features that will be baked into the latest evolution of the Android skin. But if any older handsets are going to get the new version, the Droid DNA is as good a candidate as any. Just don’t go knocking down HTC’s door just yet.
[via Android and Me]
- HTC Droid DNA receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- HTC confirms EVO 4G LTE’s Android 4.3 J
- Android 4.3 heading to T-Mobile HTC One this
- HTC One to skip Android 4.2.2 in the US, will
- Check out the HTC DROID DNA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC DROID DNA, HTC Sense 5