Here’s another one to mark down on your Mobile World Congress watch list: the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2. The phone would follow the original Samsung Galaxy Xcover (S5690) and feature a similar combination of mid-range specs and rugged construction.
Specs being floated for the device, which carries model number S7110, include a 4-inch WVGA display, 5MP camera, and 1700mAh battery, all upgrades from the original Xcover. It will launch with Jelly Bean in Titan Gray and Red/Black color schemes.
It’s a no brainer to include IP67 certification for the device, the same standard for the original Xcover approving the device for resistance to shock, dust, and dirt. It can also survive submerged in up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. Now, implement the same sort of resilience in a flagship phone like the Galaxy S4 and then we’re really talking…
- Samsung announced rugged Galaxy Xcover 2
- Samsung’s first half 2013 roadmap shows
- The PhanBot Bluetooth speaker
- Phandroid News app goes Material Design
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2