A ruling out of a district court in The Hague has cleared Samsung’s Galaxy Tab line of any infringement on Apple’s iPad design. The Dutch court had to mull the rounded corners of the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, and Galaxy Tab 7.7, referencing previous rulings in British courts before deciding in Samsung’s favor.
As part of their defense, Samsung continued to point towards examples of tablet or tablet-like designs that preceded the iPad and featured a similar shape: the rounded-corner rectangle. It’s a tricky issue that has generated mixed results in courtrooms the world over as part of the sprawling intellectual property dispute Apple and Samsung are currently entangled in.
Apple and Samsung will continue their legal battle with a second trial set to begin in the US later this year.
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.