If LG releasing Jelly Bean for LG Optimus G users in South Korea is any indication, a US release can’t be too far behind. The update, rolling out right now both over-the-air and over-the-wire for customers with the LG-F180S on SK Telecom brings the device’s firmware up to Android 4.1, and introduces users to services like Google Now. LG promised the update before year’s end but at only 2 weeks into January, they’re aren’t too late.
As I stare at the LG Optimus G sitting on my desk I have to admit… I’m feeling a bit jelly. Hopefully it will be a speedy rollout for Sprint and AT&T variants. On that note, anyone flash a leaked Jelly Bean ROM onto their Optimus G’s yet? Care to share the experience?
- Official: LG bootloader unlock solution coming soon
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- LG Optimus G getting KitKat this summer
- Android 4.3 for EVO 4G LTE [DOWNLOAD]
- Check out the LG Optimus G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Jelly Bean, LG Optimus G