Pantech had a big announcement to make with AT&T earlier this week, but it looks like the OEM will have some noise to make with Verizon very soon, too. The latest leak delivers us our first look at the Pantech Perception, a phone which should attract quite a few eyes if suspicion of a sub-$100 price tag is accurate.
Pantech’s device will employ a 720p display, Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor and more. We’re quite certain you can expect 4G LTE radios inside this thing, and 1GB of RAM wouldn’t be far off the mark either. It’s tough to say what else to expect, though, so we won’t play the guessing game too much.
The Pantech Marauder, Verizon’s current offering from the South Korean manufacturer, wasn’t too much of a looker, but Pantech has stepped its game up as of late and is looking to position its smartphones in a premium space without the typical premium price. It’s a great strategy to help break into a fierce North American market, but only time will tell if consumers respond the way Pantech expects.
[via Unwired View]
- Verizon Pantech Perception now available for
- Verizon announces the Pantech Perception, com
- Pantech Perception coming to Verizon April 25
- Pantech Perception hits FCC, does horrible jo
- Check out the Pantech Perception forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Pantech Perception