We’ve seen this before. A smartphone dunked in water. It’s a standard trick of the trade show sect. But it’s not everyday that an uber water resistant device also sports the sort of specs we expect from a top tier handset. And in this case, Sony’s Kaz Hirai has touted their new Xperia Z flagship as the most dirt and water resistant smartphone ever.
It’s going to take some real world use to prove whether his statement is true or false, but the gorgeously built handset is definitely made for the task. All ports — even the 3.5mm headset jack — have flaps to keep them watertight.
The Xperia Z looks to be a great Android smartphone in its own right, but given the extra level of protection against life’s hazards you can use it without fear. Check out the handset taking a quick dip and see for yourself.
- More Sony devices get KitKat
- Sony Xperia themes will get more assets
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Sony gives update on Android 4.3 and Android
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: CES2012, Sony Xperia Z