Looks like Samsung isn’t wasting any time in addressing the security flaw found in their Exynos processors after formally acknowledging the issue almost 3 weeks ago. Seems Galaxy S3 owners across the pond are now receiving software update I9300XXELLA over-the-air and via Kies to patch up the vulnerability. While there isn’t solid evidence suggesting as much, some are speculating Samsung could be killing 2 birds with one stone, also addressing that nasty sudden death issue plaguing some devices. This is due to the fact that the new software also updates the device’s bootloader as well.
Course, we’ll need an official word from Samsung before confirming but if you’re in the UK — get to updating. As for the rest of us here in the states, we’ll have to twiddle our thumbs a little longer as our respective carriers put the update through its paces before it hits our Note 2’s (don’t worry about our carrier branded Galaxy S3’s, they’re packing entirely different processors and aren’t susceptible to the same security flaw). Should be soon!
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Xperia Z4 Tablet pics leak
- Sprint teases Galaxy S6
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.