HTC Thunderbolt owners hoping for an Ice Cream Sandwich treat to relieve the dog days of summer were sorely disappointed when the update missed its targeted August release date. Even worse, it seemed all signs were pointing towards a future without Android 4.0 for the aging Verizon handset. But wait just a minute, HTC has once again put some hope back into our hearts.
In a response to the curious tweet of one Thunderbolt user, the @HTCUSA account said, “ICS will be here soon,” adding, “Thanks for your continued patience!” And patience here is key, as there is no telling what HTC’s exact idea of “soon” really is.
The Thunderbolt is nearing the two year anniversary of its unveiling at CES 2010 so we should consider ourselves lucky that HTC and Verizon are even pushing ahead with ICS for the handset. Similar devices such as the HTC Desire HD weren’t so lucky, despite having a fairly equivalent set of hardware.
[via Android and Me]
- Android L vs Ice Cream Sandwich: Google Desig
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Jelly Bean now running on 28.4% of active And
- Check out the HTC Thunderbolt forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.