Folks with the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — aka the N-7100 — will be pleased to know that they’re one step closer to being on the absolute latest version of Android. Well… it’s a tiny step, really, as the device is moving from Android 4.1.1 to Android 4.1.2. At the core there’s not much to be had, though SamMobile claims there are some new TouchWiz features to look out for.
They state that features like the ability to disable multi-view, the new Swype-like features and the lock-screen ink blotch effect are new as of 4.1.2, but many of us here in America have had those features since 4.1.1. It’s possible that the firmware is on different tracks for each region, but we’ll have to get confirmation from Samsung regarding all of that.
Nevertheless the international Note 2 is only one step away from the next major version of Android. We have all the confidence in the world that Samsung is readying an upgrade to Android 4.2, though it’s anyone’s guess how long it’ll take before we actually see it arrive. We aren’t sure what new features they might bring once it does arrive but you should know that Samsung tends to be one of the better OEMs when it comes to adding new features with each major upgrade.
Regardless of whether or not they decide to drop a bombshell it will be nice to see the device move on up to Android 4.2. In the meantime 4.1.2 is still great and anyone who isn’t on the latest should definitely make a concerted effort to get there in no time. Be sure to check the settings menu on your phone or check your desktop Kies software to see if some new goodness is awaiting you. Read below for what’s said to be the full list of changes.
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
- Hands-on: Galaxy S6 and Edge
- Hands-on: HTC One M9
- iPhone-ish Galaxy S6 Feature
- Speck unveils Galaxy S6 cases for their popul
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Note 2