When it comes to marketing or just plain ‘ol bragging rights, when it comes tech, the bigger the spec, the better. Guess Huawei is feeling a bit of “little man” with their current line of Android devices struggling to hit that coveted 5-inch mark. Well, in effort to 1-up Samsung and their “either you love-it-or-hate-it” Galaxy Note 2, they will be bringing their own phablet to market in 2013, packing a — wait for it — 6.1-inch, holy @&%$ display.
It’s unclear if this will launch outside of it’s homeland of China, but it’s not a stretch to expect carriers like MetroPCS or other regional carriers picking this up as Chengdong specifically mentioned the Mate will be a lower priced than the Note 2. Of course, the question still remains: how big is too big? While I’d normally say that all depends on the specific user, 6.1-inches is definitely pushing it. What do you think?
- Huawei sponsors Jonas Brothers US tour to hel
- Hands-on: Huawei Ascend Mate [VIDEO]
- Huawei announces 6.1-inch Ascend Mate and 5-i
- More leaked images give us an even better loo
- Check out the Huawei Ascend Mate forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei Ascend Mate