After months and months of waiting and watching smaller carriers like T-Mobile push out their Jelly Beans, Samsung Galaxy S3 users on AT&T can finally get in on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The update, which should start rolling out over-the-air any minute now, is currently available via Samsung Kies and weighs around 738MB. I wont even pretend I’ve ever updated using that method, but just be prepared to install some extra software on your computer. Here’s some of the goodies you can look forward to in Samsung’s TouchWiz’d Jelly Bean:
- New camera/camcorder filters: warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights(blue, green, red/yellow), and many more.
- Pause and resume recording
- Low light mode (uses HDR)
- Pop Up Play can be resized and paused
- Introduction of Easy Mode: large Easy widgets (for first-time smartphone users)
- Introduction of Blocking Mode: disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms, and LED indicators for a designated period of time
- Introduction of Swype® Keyboard (bundled)
- AllShare® Cast Wireless Hub support
- NFC One Touch Pairing Support: pair a supported Bluetooth device via NFC
Give us a shout if you are prompted for an over-the-air update on your device. In the meantime, crack open Samsung Kies! Godspeed.