Folks in the US cursing those in foreign lands already able to purchase the highly-anticipated Nexus 4 are a bit luckier than they think. While it sounds like a few more hours will pass before the latest Nexus handset goes on sale in the States (signs point towards 9AM PST), some will be waiting even longer in the UK. Though the device went on sale in that country during the wee hours of the morning, reports are saying it sold out within a matter of minutes.
Both the 8GB and 16GB Nexus 4 are once again unavailable for purchase, and you can add the 32GB Nexus 10 to the list of out-of-stock items as well. Google is only offering a non-response, stating that they will not remark on sales figures for the devices at this time.
The LG-made smartphone and tablet by Samsung were released without a pre-order period and will hit several more regions by the end of the day. While we were expecting the low-cost mobile options to be a hit, we must speculate as to whether shortages have more to do with a lack of supply than with an overwhelming demand. Still, if you live in a location where the devices will soon be available, you will want to act quickly lest you are left Nexus-less.
- Samsung Q4 2014 shows mobile sales down 64%
- Qualcomm may have confirmed rumors that the G
- Sony is killing off Music Unlimited, partners
- Facebook's 2014 earnings bring in $12 billion
- Check out the Nexus 10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Nexus 4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Google Play, Nexus, Nexus 10, Nexus 4, release dates, releases