Europeans who picked up a 16GB Nexus 7 before Google dropped the price of the tablet on October 29th are being treated to a refund courtesy of ASUS. Those that purchased the slate directly from ASUS or Google are eligible to receive a €30 voucher provided they register their purchase a provide a receipt showing the date of the transaction.
Users are eligible to apply for a voucher through November 30th with funds expiring on December 31st. There is no word from ASUS as to whether or not a similar program will be implemented in other regions, particularly the US. Google is already taking a big enough hit on the Nexus 7 given its US pricing (in Europe, the exchange rates have the tablet selling for slightly higher), so refunds for American customers don’t seem likely.
[via The Verge]
- Chainfire roots 6 Nexus devices
- Android 5.0 Lollipop rolling out
- Nexus phones out of stock
- Report: Nexus 6 launching this month
- Check out the Nexus 7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.