While the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has been available for a little while now, there are some users who want or need 4G inside. For those who couldn’t get jiggy with the WiFi only model, Sprint and Samsung has announced that the Android tablet will be headed to the Now Network in the weeks ahead.
It has a 10.1 inch 1280×800 display, of course, but other features include Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core S4 processor, 1GB of RAM, a 3 megapixel camera with a front-facing camera, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot that supports cards up to 64GB, Sprint 3G/4G LTE radios, and more.
TouchWiz is on board and it sits atop Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. We’d be surprised if it goes its entire life without Jelly Bean so don’t be too vexed about that. Unfortunately there’s no pricing or availability information to be had just yet so we’ll have to wait for further word from Samsung or Sprint.
In the meantime I’d say saving up $500-$600 isn’t a bad idea if you’re expecting to purchase this thing whenever it does drop. Go ahead and read on for full press details.
Samsung Galaxy Tab® 2 10.1
Sleek 4G LTE tablet maximizes entertainment and productivity
- · Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- · 1.5GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8960 chipset)
- · Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Talk™
- · Google Mobile™ wireless services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Voice Actions and YouTube™
- · 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- · Face Unlock uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to allow the user switch on the phone and look at it to get past the lock screen – no passwords to remember, nothing to type or swipe
- · AllShare® Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi® network
- · Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- · Dual cameras: 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and video capture and a VGA front-facing camera
- · Google Play™ with more than 600,000 apps, millions of songs and books and thousands of movies
- · Samsung Media Hub, a full library of video and literary content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment
- · IR Blaster emulating an infrared remote control
- · Samsung’s exclusive AllShare service to wirelessly share stored music, pictures and user-generated content to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified® home
- · AllShare Play allows users to wirelessly connect to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi
- · 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- · Bluetooth® 4.0
- · Dimensions: 10.1 inches x 6.9 inches x 0.38 inches
- · Weight: 1.29 pounds
- · Display: 10.1-inch WXGA PLS TFT 1280 x 800 display
- · Battery: 7,000mAh Lithium-Ion battery
- · Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and microSD™ card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.