Samsung has updated the Jelly Bean upgrade timeline for their US carrier variants of the Galaxy S3 as well as their Nexus devices. No surprise to see that Android 4.1 is currently available for the Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus, but that impending update to Jelly Bean for the GS3 on Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon has been tagged as “coming soon.”
October has been the target that Samsung has been aiming for to complete their latest flagship phone’s upgrade to Jelly Bean, and several carrier-specfic versions of the software have leaked in recent weeks. Still, there always seems to be some sort of delay with US carriers when it comes to delivering upgrades in a timely fashion. We’ll see if they can get them out by the end of the month.
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, Samsung Galaxy S3