A new Xperia handset is headed to Japan courtesy of Sony. The Sony Xperia AX is an LTE-enabled Xperia V (pictured above) variant with certain features specific to the Japanese market, including infrared data exchange, mobile wallet support, and mobile TV. Other specs include a 4.3-inch HD REALITY Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, a 13MP camera, and Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. NFC allows for easy pairing with other Sony products such as headphones and speakers.
The Sony Xperia AX is slated to touchdown in Japan by the end of the year. Pricing and carrier partners are not known at this time.
- Pantech Vega Secret Up announced – high
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z [VIDEO]
- LG announces new Google TV sets for CES 2013
- Meizu MX2 officially announced
- Check out the Sony Xperia AX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: announcements, Japan, Sony Xperia AX