There might be a hitch in Verizon’s plans to release the Motorola DROID RAZR HD and Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD. According to a rumor originating at Howard Forums, antenna issues could have forced Moto and VZW to delay the handset. According to the report, the antenna design of the two devices puts it in contact with the edges of the phone’s casing, creating a situation not unlike that of the iPhone 4’s “death grip.”
Given that the problem pertains to actual hardware design, the fix likely isn’t as easy as a software patch, and thus could create a lengthy delay. Rumors have positioned the phones as launching towards the end of October, but if the antenna problems are real, it is more likely that we won’t see the new RAZRs until after Thanksgiving at the earliest.
- KitKat rollout for Droid RAZR HD and RAZR M
- Motorola commits to bringing KitKat for DROID
- Motopocalypse: bootloader unlock tool now ava
- Bootloader unlock method found for several Mo
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.