Samsung has once again come under fire for patent infringement, but this time Apple has nothing to do with the claims. Instead, fellow Android smartphone maker and local rival LG is suing Samsung for allegedly infringing on OLED display patents in their line of Galaxy devices. The patents cover OLED panel design, circuitry, and device design, and LG is seeking a ban of infringing devices in their native South Korea.
The Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, and Galaxy Tab 7.7 are all included in the suit, which LG display says, “has been filed both to enforce LG Display’s intellectual property rights and promote fair competition.” So much for solidarity among Android manufacturers.
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.